Pc Minimum Requirements
The Computers connected to our scanners have to meet specific requirements.
In order to simplify the choice, we recommend three reference systems:
- Alienware X51 R2 (with Intel i5) for Easy and Smart Scanners
- Dell XPS (with Intel i7) for Deluxe Scanners
- Asus G11CB (with Intel i7) for Deluxe Scanners
These are the minimum requirements our software needs:
|Operating System||Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64 bit)|
|CPU||Intel® Quad Core ™ or Better|
|RAM||8Gb RAM or Better|
|Video Card|| NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti or Better * |
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or Better *
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 or Better *
The Video Card has important additional requirements:
- Only NVIDIA GeForce cards are supported by the system
- The NVIDIA QUADRO line is not supported
- The name scheme for the NVIDIA cards is complex, as specified in this page. To check if a card is better than another, check the 'Core Config' column of the table. A card with less than 300:40:30 cores is not supported. Particular attention has to be given to the appendix of the card name. E.g. the GTX 560 Ti is good enough but the GTX 560M is not.
Different models of scanners have different connection requirements; check here the connection that each scanning system needs.
USB 2.0 Scanner with 4 cables
The scanning systems produced before 2015 can be connected to a Computer through 4 cables:
- 2 USB 2.0 Ports that have to be directly connected to the Computer's motherboard (External Hubs are not supported). Every port needs to supply at least 500mA
- 1 USB 2.0 or 3.0 Port
- 1 HDMI Port
The USB 2.0 system is not 100% compatible with the USB 3.0 system. If this scanner model is connected to a USB 3.0 port, the system may freeze or not properly work.
USB 3.0 Scanner with 2 cables
The 2015's scanning system can be connected to a Computer through only 2 cables:
- 1 USB 3.0 Port that has to be directly connected to the Computer's motherboard. Only Intel C220 or Better and Rensas USB 3.0 are supported. Other USB chipsets could not properly work.
- 1 HDMI Port